Current job vacancies
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mark Logan MP (Bolton North East)
Length of Contract: 12 months
Mark Logan MP is seeking a highly-skilled and motivated individual to take on the busy and challenging role of full-time Caseworker in his Bolton office. The role will be focussed on the management of constituency casework, as well as developing an in-depth knowledge of the Bolton North East constituency.
The job description includes, but is not limited to:
• Corresponding with constituents on casework matters
• Providing information, advice and support for individuals on a range of issues including immigration, housing, benefits, planning and other social and healthcare issues
• Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, third party organisations and others to resolve constituents’ problems
• Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively
• Managing own caseload and progress of casework, ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and timely manner
• Attending surgeries and other meetings if required to assist the MP in dealing with constituents’ issues
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports;
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard, with a clear and concise writing style
• Good knowledge of key social policy issues: welfare benefits, immigration, housing and health
• Polite, confident and a professional manner when dealing with telephone and email enquiries
• Excellent organisational skills
• IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications and Outlook
• An ability to work independently and as a member of a busy but sociable office team
• A high level of discretion and understanding of the importance of confidentiality and adherence to relevant Data Protection legislation
• Previous casework experience
• Knowledge of Parliamentary procedures
• Experience in the use of Caseworker.mp software
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 March 2021
Interviews to take place from 23 March 2021 for a preferable start date of 19 April 2021. Flexibility around the start date will be considered.
Please email (i) CV and (ii) short covering letter answering “How best can you help the people of Bolton North East” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Caseworker application"